Cars for sale
1960 Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite
Due in week commencing 26th August is this mint condition 1960 Austin Healey Sprite, commonly known as the Frogeye Sprite.
This is a car that has been painstakingly restored, nut and bolt, over the last few years. It really has to be seen to appreciate the condition of it throughout. There has been serious money invested in this car and the opportunity to find these is not easy.
There have been some tasteful and worthwhile upgrades,not least the A-series engine which has been upped from the lethargic original 948cc to the 1310cc. Its a highly professional restoration that has been carried out.
Here is a summary of the modifications and work undertaken
- Rebuilt A-series – 1310cc (needs running in)
- Kent 266 camshaft
- Rebuilt carbs
- Ported and polished head
- Ribbed case gearbox rebuilt
- Rear axle – new oil seals. Believed to be 4.11 diff
- Body rebuilt
- New radiator
- New dynamo
- New starter
- New springs
- Poly bushed suspension
- Rear telescopic shock conversion
- New brake calipers and brake lines
- Goodridge flexi hoses
- New rear drums, shoes, cylinders
- New dual master cylinder
- Custom made stainless exhaust
- New 14″ minilights with Yokohamas
Many other parts have been replaced or refurbished, such as the interior, headlights, tail lights, indicators, side screens etc, etc. The bonnet open with front hinging on telescopic dampers for greater access to the engine bay.
This is superb and is among the very best. Please call us on 01476 563001 to arrange an appointment to view. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Viewing is by appointment, so please call first to ensure availability.
- Condition: Used
- Transmission: Manual
- Recorded Mileage: 76945m - 10 miles since restoration
- Engine Size: 1310cc
- Cylinders: 4
- Date First Registered: Feb 1960
- Drive Side: Right Hand Drive
- Fuel: Petrol
- Exterior Colour: Green
- Interior Colour: Red
- Tax Exempt: Yes
- MOT Exempt: Yes
- Our Price: £19995
- Our Grading: 1