Cars for sale
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 302 V8
Take a look at this simply amazing restored 1965 Mustang Fastback. This car has been in the UK for 8 years in the hands of one owner who has spent a lot of time, nearly 8 years, and a lot of money in bringing the Shelby lookalike, the GT350 to the standard its at today.
Here is a list of some of the work done.
- A full repaint in 2011 in Wimbledon White with guardsman blue stripes (cost £5000)
- 90% chrome trim replaced with new.
- Front and back bumpers rechromed.
- New rear windshield.
- All new weatherstripping and rubber seals.
- New Shelby GT350 fibreglass hood.
- New Shelby-style side exit exhaust with new performance headers.
- New 15″ vintage alloy wheels.
- New front disc conversion (only done around 30 miles since fitting)
- Rear brakes replaced with new.
- New rack & pinion steering – a very worthwhile upgrade
- New shelby style steering wheel.
- Shelby style tachometer.
- New carpet
- All new suspension.
- New hand-built 302 cubic inch V8 engine at a cost of nearly £4000
- New Edelbrock intake.
- Edelbrock performance camshaft.
- 4 barrel Edelbrock carburettor.
The list goes on. This December 65 Mustang is rust free and in all round excellent condition. It is the sought after Fastback, and has the looks of the Shelby GT350. It is putting out around 300 bhp and starts, runs handles and holds the road as only a Mustang can. The numbers won’t match as this car started life with a 289, but just look at it. The best we have ever seen.
We recommend making an appointment to view. Don’t delay on this one!
- Condition: Used
- Transmission: Automatic
- Recorded Mileage: N/A
- Engine Size: 302 cu in. 5000cc
- Cylinders: V8
- Date First Registered: 1965
- Drive Side: Left Hand Drive
- Fuel: Petrol
- Exterior Colour: White
- Interior Colour: Blue
- Tax Exempt: Yes
- MOT Exempt: No
- Our Price: £39995
- Our Grading: 2