What We Can Do For You.
I guess we all know what its like to try and sell a car privately. There’s the cleaning inside and out, the attempt to take a good photo, the writing the advert and the wait for responses. Then if there is one, the potential buyer make a ridiculously low offer, or shakes his head saying its going to cost a lot of money to put that right, or gives you a life history telling you how many cars of this type he has owned, and that yours is not as good as the one he has just looked at that is ‘000s cheaper….that’s if he bothered to turn up at all. Or he has won the car on an auction, and when asked for payment, someone unknown has bidded and won the car without him realising. Does this ring any bells?
Who really enjoys people coming to your house, often at inconvenient times, to view your car – and in some cases the contents of your garage etc? It’s not to say that there aren’t genuine buyers around. There are, and we will do our utmost to find them for you. You can of course use an auction house, but this can be a daunting experience with no guarantee of a sale.
Here is how Roman Garages can help you. We firmly believe that the day of showrooms is over. Viewing by appointment is key to the way we work. We take over the burden of selling, and quickly filter out the genuine buyers from the others. We will handle the sale of your car from start to finish. When we do sell, our earning is the final sale figure less the previously agreed value. Here’s how it works:
- We agree a price with you that you want to achieve for your car. Typically this is a trade price, as we need to earn out of it somewhere! We do stress however, that in todays climate this needs to be realistic;
- The car can be brought to us in Kings Lynn. Collection can be arranged, but this is chargeable and a separate up-front cost;
- We will drive the car wherever possible for up to 50 miles to satisfy ourselves as to the all round condition so as to be accurate in our marketing;
- We have the car professionally valeted car inside and out, under the bonnet, the wheels, glass and check the underside. At this point if there are any faults that we were not aware of we will discuss whether you would like them fixed (chargeable) or sell as is. If needs be we alter the minimum price with your agreement;
- We begin a marketing campaign by having the car professionally photographed;
- We write a professional description based on the history of the car and any supporting material;
- The car is advertised on motoring websites, including those with a European reach, on our own website, on social media and often in weekly classic car papers. A number of vehicles have been featured in such media and are an invaluable source of sales leads. We may even use market leading high class classic car auction houses;
- We look at our lists of customers requiring cars and try to match where possible.
So where is the catch?
There isn’t one. All we ask is that you pay a fee of 1% (thats 1% of the figure you want to achieve for your car) which goes towards our initial costs, and commit to us for 3 months. This gives time for the car to be properly marketed and covers the upfront costs we have in preparing your vehicle. If, at the end of 3 months the car hasn’t sold, you can decide to either continue selling with us, or simply take it away. Any requests for delivery and collection are chargeable over and above the 1%.
Explain more about what it will cost.
Here’s how it is calculated. These figures are examples only
We Sell Your Car For £25,000
You Require a Nett £23,000
Our earning is the £2,000 difference, less the 1% fee you have already paid.
You can’t lose.
Call Rowland Wood on 01476 563001 to discuss further.
We reserve the right to refuse any car offered to us where we feel the price or condition doesn’t allow us to spend the necessary time or money on it. Putting it simply, if you have a classic with a market value of £20,000 and you want to sell for £40,000 we won’t take it on. We do not wish to offend! But for cars that meet the criteria, age, condition, price expectation etc, we will do our very best to help!