What We Can Do For You.
I guess we all know what its like to try and sell a car privately. There’s the cleaning inside and out, the attempt to take a good photo, the writing the advert and the wait for responses. Then when there is one, the potential buyer make a ridiculously low offer, or shakes his head saying its going to cost a lot of money to put that right, or gives you a life history telling you how many cars of this type he has owned, and that yours is not as good as the one he has just looked at that is ‘000s cheaper….that’s if he bothered to turn up at all. Or he has won the car on an auction, and when asked for payment, someone unknown has bidded and won the car without him realising. Does this ring any bells?
Who really enjoys people coming to your house, often at inconvenient times, to view your car – and in some cases the contents of your garage etc?
Well here is how Roman Garages can help you. We take over the burden of selling, and quickly filter out the genuine buyers from the others. We will handle the sale of your car from start to finish, and if we fail to sell in 3 months, we will refund your deposit. If we do sell we take a commission on the final sale figure after any third party fees. Here’s how it works:
- We agree a minimum price with you that you want to achieve for your car;
- We keep it at our showroom premises in Grantham where it is fully insured. We can arrange collection from your house if required (non-refundable);
- We will drive the car wherever possible for up to 100 miles to satisfy ourselves as to the all round condition so as to be accurate in our marketing;
- We valet the car inside and out, under the bonnet, the wheels, glass and check the underside. At this point if there are any faults that we were not aware of we will discuss whether you would like them fixed (chargeable) or sell as is. If needs be we alter the minimum price with your agreement;
- We begin a marketing campaign by having the car professionally photographed;
- We write a professional description based on the history of the car and any supporting material;
- The car is advertised on motoring websites, including those with a European reach, on our own website, on social media and often in weekly classic car papers. A number of vehicles have been featured in such media and are an invaluable source of sales leads. We may even use markey leading high class classic car auction houses;
- We look at our lists of customers requiring cars and try to match where possible.
So where is the catch?
There isn’t one. All we ask is that you pay a £500 deposit and commit to us for 3 months. If at the end of those three months we have not sold your car, your deposit will be refunded in full – no quibble, no questions asked.
Or when, as we expect, we sell your car, we charge a fee of 10% + VAT of the final sale figure. The £500 deposit is used towards the sale fee. For example your car sells for £25000, our fee is £2500 + VAT, but as you have already paid £500, you are expected to pay just £2500.
You can’t lose.
Call Rowland Wood on 01476 563001 to discuss further.
We reserve the right to refuse any car offered to us where we feel the price or condition doesn’t allow us to spend the necessary time or money on it. Putting it simply, if you have a classic with a market value of £20,000 and you want to sell for £40,000 we won’t take it on. But for cars that meet the criteria, age, condition, price expectation etc, we will do our very best to help!